CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

editing text in a pop-up window

    Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 14:05 EST
    From: Mark Nahabedian <Naha@reagan.ai.mit.edu>

    One of my co-workers is working on an application (in CLIM) where the
    user will occasionally need to edit a block of text.  If there were a
    facility which took text as a string, displayed it in a pop-up window,
    allowed the user to edit it with simple emacs-like commands and then
    return a new string when the user was done, that would probably be
    sufficient.  The block of text could be many lines long.

    Does anyone out there in CLIM land have such a facility or something
    similar?

I was going to tell you that in CLIM 2.0, you could use
CLIM-INTERNALS::POP-UP-TEXT-EDITOR, but that it does not work very
well.  But I just discovered that it actually works pretty darned
well after all.  I guess I should have exported it!

Anyway, give it a try.  It might work better in CLIM "2.1", coming
very soon to a Genera near you.