CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

shared input buffers ...

   Date: Wed, 9 Mar 1994 09:51-0500
   From: Richard Billington <buff@cc.gatech.edu>

       Date: Tue, 8 Mar 1994 16:43 EST
       From: John Aspinall <jga@harlequin.com>

	  Date: Tue, 8 Mar 1994 16:07-0500
	  From: Richard Billington <buff@cc.gatech.edu>

	  I know there's a way to share an input buffer between application frames so
	  that if the child frame is obscured, the parent frame can still take input.
	  What I don't remember is how ...

       (setf (sheet-event-queue (frame-top-level-sheet subordinate-frame))
	     (sheet-event-queue (frame-top-level-sheet frame)))

       is probably the right way to start.

       John.

   Sorry, I forgot to say that I'm running CLIM 1.1 - on multiple platforms, but
   most importantly (at the moment) MCL. The above functions are undefined, so I
   assume they're CLIM 2 ...

Yes, they are.  Someone on this list posted the CLIM 1 equivalent a
while ago; perhaps it will surface again (my brain won't deliver it on
command).