CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

inferior-output-record-changed in 1.1

CLIM 1.1 (on Dec/Lucid, though that shouldn't matter):

We don't understand how inferior-output-record-changed is supposed to work.

Specifically, why do you have to provide old-position and old-extent?
These are already stored in the output record. The fact that they have
to be provided as arguments suggests to us that we should have done
something to modify the output record, thereby invalidating this
information before inferior-output-record-changed gets called.

Could someone provide a template for the usual code pattern in which
this is used?

thanks,

 Dan Suthers           | LRDC, room 505A
 suthers+@pitt.edu     | 3939 O'Hara Street
 (412) 624-7036 office | University of Pittsburgh
 (412) 624-9149 fax    | Pittsburgh, PA 15260