CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BLANK-AREA?

Is there someway to specify a blank area in the :LAYOUT specification for a
frame?  For example, something like the following:

  (:LAYOUTS
   (DEFAULT (CLIM:VERTICALLY ()
              (1/3 TOP-PANE)
              (1/3 +BLANK-AREA+)
              (1/3 BOTTOM-PANE))))

I can whip up a pane that doesn't do anything (i.e. that remains blank) but
this seems wasteful.

A related question:  Consider the following:

  (:LAYOUTS
   (DEFAULT (CLIM:VERTICALLY ()
	      PANE-A
              SPACER-PANE-1
	      PANE-B
              SPACER-PANE-2
	      PANE-C
              )))

Suppose SPACE-PANE-1 and SPACE-PANE-2 have been specified as having a
certain height (i.e. their :HEIGHT and :MAX-HEIGHT have been explicitly
set).  How do I specify that I want PANE-A, PANE-B and PANE-C to divide up
the _remaining_ space, first, when I want them to be the same size and,
second, when I want them to be of unequal (but non-fixed) size?

Thanks
Nichael

Main Index | Thread Index