CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Transparent windows

   Date: Fri, 18 Mar 94 15:23:55 -0800
   From: bushnell@eos.arc.nasa.gov
   Sender: bushnell@etc.arc.nasa.gov

   Is it possible to have transparent windows in CLIM?  A user here was asking
   for them and I was pretty sure the answer was "no" for CLIM 1.1, but not so
   sure about CLIM 2.

   (What the user really wants to do is add a tutorial to an existing system.
   His thought was that you should be able to overlay a transparent window on
   the existing interface and draw helpful messages and pictures on the
   transparent window.)

I don't actually know the answer to this.  My guess is that you could
cajole CLIM 2.0 on an X-based system to do this for you, but probably
not anywhere else.