CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

consing results

   Date: Tue, 10 May 1994 14:12:39 -0400
   From: "Scott D. Anderson" <anderson@titanic.cs.umass.edu>

   It would be nice if the functions didn't cons at all, but this is a great
   improvement, and I appreciate the help.

For what it's worth, I have been investigating why LispWorks conses,
but that won't do you any good on Lucid.

   What do I give up by using MEDIUM-DRAW- functions instead of the higher-level
   drawing functions?  It seems that all I give up is keyword arguments for things
   like ink, which instead have to be done by WITH-DRAWING-OPTIONS.  Anything else?

The MEDIUM-DRAW-xxx don't lose anything that you haven't already lost
by turning off output recording, except for the more convenient API
afforded by the DRAW-xxx functions.