CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

command name in a menu bar

   Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 10:55 MET DST
   From: "Berthe Y. Choueiry" <choueiry@lia.di.epfl.ch>

   Dear Climers,
	   I don't know what is the "cleanest" way to implement the
   following. Any advice will be much appreciated.
	   I would like to have a command (in the menu of an application
   frame) whose "label" (in the menu) can be toogled. Is there a way to
   modify the "label" dynamically? can I have a push-button (or something
   similar) in a frame menu bar?

The only "official" way do it is to add and remove the menu item by
hand.  There might be host-dependent ways to bash the menu as well.

   Thanks.
   Cheers,
   ------
   Berthe Y. Choueiry
   choueiry@lia.di.epfl.ch
   LIA-DI, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Ecublens
   CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
   Voice:	+41-21-693.52.77 (office) and +41-21-693.66.78 (lab)
   Fax: 	+41-21-693.52.25

   ------------ something to get the following effet

     (clim:define-command (set-stepping-mode
			   :command-table my-cmd-tbl
			   :menu (if *stepping-mode* "Unset stepping mode"
				   "Set stepping mode")) ()
	(if *stepping-mode*
	    (setf *stepping-mode* nil)
	    (setf *stepping-mode* t)))