CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Suggest approach to accepting-values dialog

In Clim2.0 land, when you use the :own-window t option in accepting-values,
does clim automatically generate a new window each time it is called, or
is it smart enough to reuse one previously generated?

In my particular application, I have a very extensive accepting-values
dialog (could have a hundred or more accepts) that is used fairly often
and in the old clim1.1 scheme used a separate pane layout to bring it to
the forefront when the user wanted to "tweak" an object. Now, I would like
to have it pop up as a tied-in window to the application frame.
Any suggestions on what is the best way to implementate this (ala my own
make-pane or make-clim-application-pane, of which I'm not sure how to tie
in with my application frame)?

Main Index | Thread Index