A couple of I/O questions

1)  How do I turn the string "13" into the fixnum 13?

2)  Is there any way to move the cursor around the screen, so I might
build what amounts to an editor?  (Actually, I'm writing a program to play
the oriental game of Go, and I'd like the user to be able to move the
cursor around the board and select a move, rather than typing in coordinates.)

Thanks.

# Peter Dudey, 11 kyu, Lisp SubGuru, Order of the Golden Parentheses \FINGER #
# Church of "Bob's" Sock-Garters / Antartican People's Liberation Front  \ME #
# "A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist."   #
# Please mail me plastic spaceships:  900 State St. C-210, Salem, OR  97301  #