[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New CLISP version
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: New CLISP version
- From: haible (Bruno Haible)
- Date: Mon, 24 May 93 13:17:41 +0200
Once more, there is a new version of CLISP at the usual place:
The list of supported platforms now include 386BSD 0.1, Coherent 386,
Sun3/SunOS4 and DEC5000/Ultrix.
Excerpt from the change log:
User visible changes
* New macro DEFPACKAGE.
* New function FUNCTION-LAMBDA-EXPRESSION.
* New package SCREEN containing some functions for random screen access
(Unix, DOS, OS/2, Atari, VMS versions only).
* X3J13 vote <5> is implemented: The value of *APPLYHOOK* must now be
a function of two arguments.
* X3J13 vote <104> is implemented: COMPILE-FILE now binds *READTABLE*.
* X3J13 vote <161> is implemented: SHADOW now accepts strings as well
* Fixed a bug in the compiler which caused the compiler to crash when
compiling (CASE key ...) forms with constant key.
* Fixed a bug in the compiler which produced unloadable .fas files
when compiling forms like (SETF ... (FUNCTION LIST)).
* Fixed a bogus error message in the AREF function.
* The built-in editor on Unix now handles the Delete key the same way
as the Backspace key or Ctrl-H.
* Fixed a bug in + that occasionally caused (- x x) to return a
long-float zero which was not EQL to the other zeroes of type LONG-FLOAT.
* Fixed a bug: Correctly do round-to-even when adding two long-floats.
* Fixed a bug: The destructive sequence functions DELETE etc. failed to
produce an error when called on a sequence of type LIST and with an :END
argument larger than the list's length.
* Corrected the branch cuts of the complex ATAN and ATANH functions.
* 68000 and other versions: Fixed a bug in the low-level division algorithm.
* Mips and Vax versions: Finished the low-level number crunching routines.
* Added Ultrix support.
* Added Coherent support.
* Finished Sun3 support.
* The file `src/defs2.lsp' contains a list of X3J13 votes and their current
status in CLISP.
* The file `src/foreign.txt' documents how to do function calls to foreign
language routines from within CLISP.
* Miscellaneous documentation updates.