Re: Platform Linux?

> Philip Perucci wrote:
>
> > I was under the impression that Linux was a supported platform.
>
> It is.
>
> > Was the ommision of Linux an accident...?
>
> You are apparently referring to my words:
>
>    The list of supported platforms now include 386BSD 0.1, Coherent 386,
>    Sun3/SunOS4 and DEC5000/Ultrix.
>
> This was the list of new platforms. The full list of platforms where CLISP
> is known to run on is now:
>
>   microcomputers:
>     Atari ST
>     Amiga 500-4000
>     DOS
>     OS/2
>   Unix workstations:
>     Linux
>     Sun4, SunOS4
>     Sun386, SunOS4
>     Sun3, SunOS4
>     Sun4, SunOS5
>     386BSD
>     Coherent 386
>     DEC5000, Ultrix
>     HP9000/800, HP9000/700, HP-UX 8.05
>
> Ports are being done for
>     SGI, Irix
>     VAX, VMS
>

>                     Bruno Haible
>                     haible@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de

Hmmm...

I compiled your latest CLISP on my Linux "SLS 1.02", with no
crashes (a few warnings, of course).

But "make test" died comparing files.

Running CLISP gave me the sign-on screen, but running a
little 2-page program crashed Linux.  FIRST time I ever
saw Linux crash!

A gentleman from Italy who ported AKCL to Linux says you
run AKCL on your Linux box!!!  Odd...