[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New CLISP version
- To: clisp-list
- Subject: New CLISP version
- From: haible (Bruno Haible)
- Date: Wed, 1 Sep 93 16:05:32 +0200
There is a new version of CLISP at the usual place:
It fixes the shortcomings/bugs regarding the CLOS of the previous version.
The compiler bug uncovered by Garnet 2.2 isn't fixed yet, I haven't had
time to look at it.
>From now on, CLISP will also be available via anonymous ftp from
Mark Kantrowitz' Lisp repository, host ftp.cs.cmu.edu, directory
user/ai/lang/lisp/impl/clisp/. Please save FTP bandwidth by using this
ftp server if you are in USA.
Excerpt from the change log:
* Changed bytecode format. All .fas files generated by previous CLISP versions
are invalid and must be recompiled.
User visible changes
* Unix version only: The command line option -M now also accepts memory images
that were compressed using GNU gzip.
* Fixed a CLOS bug: MAKE-INSTANCE now behaves as if it were calling
INITIALIZE-INSTANCE, and INITIALIZE-INSTANCE and REINITIALIZE-INSTANCE
behave as if they were calling SHARED-INITIALIZE.
* Fixed a CLOS bug: NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD failed to be called in some cases
when no method was applicable.
* Relating to X3J13 vote <89>: The first argument to the functions FUNCALL and
APPLY, denoting a function, may now also be a list (SETF symbol).
* Fixed a bogus error message that occurred when storing an out-of-range
integer into an array of element-type (UNSIGNED-BYTE 32).
* Added NetBSD support. Thanks to Charles Hannum.
* Added Jeff Dalton's "brief CLOS guide".
* Miscellaneous documentation updates.