Re: connection to tcl/tk

> Why not implement MAKE-PIPE-IO-STREAM in terms of this solution and
> make it part of CLISP?

Because it can lead to deadlocks. When process A waits for process B and
process B waits for process A to put something onto the pipe, both
processes will block.
Besides, such cycles in the data flow graph between processes can normally
be avoided. If the contents of either pipe can be determined a priori,
then use a file.

Furthermore, I can't implement it for the OS/2 version of CLISP, only for
Unix.

                    Bruno Haible
                    haible@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de

PS: I apologize for my last `message'. The archive of this mailing list can
    be retrieved via anonymous FTP from ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de,
    file /pub/lisp/clisp/mailing-list-archive, and now also by sending mail to
                listserv@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de
    including the three words "get clisp-list mailing-list-archive" as message
    body.