mkfifo

Hello.
  There has been some discuttion on the mailing list on how to make
bidirectional communication between clisp and other programs using Unix.

  below is one solutoin provided by Mr. Haible.
   >>  (shell "mkfifo /tmp/wish-in")
   >>  (shell "mkfifo /tmp/wish-out")
   >>  (setq *lisp-to-wish-stream*
   >>	 (make-two-way-stream (open "/tmp/wish-out" :direction :input)
   >>			      (open "/tmp/wish-in" :direction :output)
   >>  ) )
   >>  (shell "wish < /tmp/wish-in > /tmp/wish-out")
   >>  (delete-file "/tmp/wish-in")
   >>  (delete-file "/tmp/wish-out")

  As for my check, it doesn't work as they are seen above.
when (open pipename-out :direction :input) is entered, prompt never comes.
But (open pipename-in :direction :output) is entered, I can get #<FILE-HANDLE-STREAM #"out">.
  I think only it can work in case of `:direction :io '. And I tried:
	   >>  (shell "command < pipename-in > pipename-out") ,
but I couln't succeed. Has Mr. Hoefling already succeeded to connect
with WISH?

  Any suggestion and information are welcome.

Tomohiro Shibata (email: tom@jsk.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Inoue-Inaba Laboratory,
Department of Mechano-informatics,
University of Tokyo; Japan