call-next-method in CLOS

While compiling clue/shells.lsp I ran across a call to call-next-method
which actually passes arguments. The builtin CLOS of CLISP seems to
disallow this but my CLTL2 copy says it's applicable. Any quick fixes
and/or clarifications?

xjam@cork.Berkeley.EDU  	Fiiiive Thousand Boomin Watts...... -The JBeez

They can't come on and play me in prime time, 	    | Free Millipede coin op
Cause I know the time, cause I'm gettin' mine.	    | and House music at my
I get on the mix late in the night... -Public Enemy | place! Drop by sometime.