[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New CLISP version
- To: clisp-list@ma2s2
- Subject: New CLISP version
- From: haible (Bruno Haible)
- Date: Mon, 8 Nov 93 18:37:03 +0100
Once more, there is a new version of CLISP at the usual place:
Excerpt from the change log:
User visible changes
* The STDWIN library can now be made part of CLISP by calling makemake with
* X3J13 vote <108> is implemented: New packages COMMON-LISP and
* X3J13 vote <112> is implemented:
LOAD binds the variables *LOAD-PATHNAME* and *LOAD-TRUENAME*, COMPILE-FILE
binds the variables *COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME* and *COMPILE-FILE-TRUENAME*.
New variables *LOAD-PATHNAME*, *LOAD-TRUENAME*, *COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME*,
* X3J13 vote <26> is implemented: COMPILE-FILE has a keyword argument :PRINT.
New variables *COMPILE-WARNINGS*, *COMPILE-VERBOSE*, *COMPILE-PRINT*.
* Fixed two bugs in DEFPACKAGE: *PACKAGE* is not modified by DEFPACKAGE
any more, and the :INTERN option now works.
* Fixed FUNCTION-LAMBDA-EXPRESSION such that it works on built-in functions.
Thanks to France Dacar.
* Fixed a serious bug in GCD on 16-bit processors: (GCD x y) with
2^k - 2^(k-16) <= |x|,|y| < 2^k could cause a division by zero.
* Added support for DEC Alpha AXP running OSF/1 Unix.
* Added support for Apple Mac II running A/UX.
* Added support for Atari ST/TT running MiNT. Thanks to Scott Kolodzieski.
* Support for SunOS4 cc now works.
* The makefile now also works with "parallel" make utilities (e.g. GNU make
with option -j). Thanks to Rick Sladkey.
* Easier porting: The most dangerous optimizations (inline asm() statements,
global register allocations, ...) are inhibited if CLISP is compiled with
* Some modifications for the sake of gcc-2.5.
* Speed up generic function dispatch.
* Some kinds of objects take less space (all CPUs except 680x0).
* The list of X3J13 votes and their current status in CLISP has been moved
from file `src/defs2.lsp' to file `src/cltl2.txt'.
* The code for setting up a connection to an X server (file `src/socket.d')
has been completely rewritten.
* Miscellaneous documentation updates.
New binaries have been built for:
DEC Alpha AXP, OSF 1.3 1375711 Oct 31 02:10 decalpha-osf/clisp.tar.z
IBM RS/6000, AIX 3.2 1357509 Oct 15 09:40 rs6000/clisp.tar.z
Binaries have been rebuilt for the following architectures:
Sun3, SunOS 4 1055703 Oct 13 19:08 sun3-sunos4/clisp.tar.z
HP 9000/800, HP-UX 8 1115787 Oct 23 23:44 hp9000s800/clisp.tar.z
Sun4, SunOS 4 1044615 Nov 2 19:11 sun4-sunos4/clisp-english.tar.z