Re: CLCS for CLISP

Marcus Daniels <marcus@ee.pdx.edu> asks:

> Has anyone ported CLCS to CLISP?

Assuming you are reffering to the condition system contained in the clcs/
subdirectory of the PCL and CLX distribution: I didn't port it because
  a. its implementation of HANDLER-BIND conses too much,
  b. as Joerg Hoehle pointed out, it is not of much use unless CLISP's
     run-time system generates conditions.

> If so, does it work with CLISP's CLOS, or do you need to use PCL?

CLCS doesn't need much more than DEFSTRUCT. It will certainly work with
CLISP's CLOS.

To avoid redundant work, I suggest you wait until the condition system
David Gadbois <gadbois@cs.utexas.edu> has written for CLISP has been
integrated.

                    Bruno Haible
                    haible@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de