RE: How to write fast Numerical Analysis code in CLISP?

Richard ---

Actually, I have AKCL for Linux --- I found it all precompiled and
ready to install.  Most people have told me that it is about an order
of magnitude faster than CLISP --- at least in compiled mode.  I've
also been told that it's very easy to write extensions in C.  (AKCL
compiles to C.)

I think that I got AKCL from Sunsite.  Let me know if you need help
finding it (or if you would prefer me to mail it to you in millions of
tiny uuencoded files :-).

Peter