RE: How to write fast Numerical Analysis code in CLISP?

Matthias ---

This is very interesting.  You are the only person who claimed that
CLISP was faster than AKCL in executing compiled code.  Several people
said that it might be better with interpreted code, but everyone else
told me that I might get as much as one-to-two orders of magnitude
increase in speed by switching from CLISP to AKCL.  Right now this is
purely a professional problem, but it may become much more personal
soon --- I hope to start work on a dissertation in the fall and I had
planned to write the software in Lisp.

Peter

   Peter Olsen, n2ell, pcolsen@super.super.org  ...!uunet!super!pcolsen
         P.O. Box 410, Simpsonville, MD 21150-0410; 410-997-8584
     "Engineering is the art of applying a professional knowledge of
   mathematics and the physical sciences to improve the quality of life"