Re: #\code26 ?

Hi,

> Hi, I'm trying to use my OS/2 system editor (it's quick & easy) to edit
> my files, but it seems to be inserting a bad character.
>
> If I read a file into lisp, it works fine, but when I edit it and try to
> reload it I get an illegal character #\Code26.  What is this?
>
> could this possible be an EOF (ctrl-z)?

Yes, it is a control Z and yes, both e and epm on os/2 insert it.
I'll guess that epm could be talked out of doing this, but I'm not
sure.

Solutions?  I used a DOS lisp package which had a nice editor and
didn't do the ^Z.  You could use emacs for os/2.  You could also write
a small program (maybe even in REXX) to strip the last byte off of the
file.

bruce

--
oneel@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov -- Bruce O'Neel HSTX (301) 286-1511 -- Out
the 10Base-T port, through the router, over the leased line, off the