Re: compiled vs. uncompiled code

> Can someone please explain why my program bombs when I load in raw
> source code but not when I load in compiled code.

Behaviour differences between interpreted and compiled code can have the
following reasons:
- Use of EVAL-WHEN (COMPILE).
- Macros which destructively modify the code being interpreted or compiled.
  Evil. You can detect this using CLISP binaries which have IMMUTABLE
  support built in.

> *** - Lisp stack overflow. RESET

Compiled code uses less stack space. Maybe your code is deeply recursive.
Find out like this: interrupt just before you get the stack overflow
message, and look at the stack using the Backtrace commands.

                    Bruno Haible
                    haible@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de