??? CLISP and CLUE ???

Greetings!  I've just added myself to this list, so forgive me if I'm
rehashing old ground...

Has anyone successfully used the current version of CLISP and CLX with
CLUE?  I retrieved the relevant tar files from the CLISP FTP site, but
was not able to get CLUE to build "out of the box."

I'm pretty sure the immediate problem is caused by the need to

(use-package "CLOS")

to get CLX to use DEFCLASS instead of DEFSTRUCT, but before I jump in and
start modifying sources I was wondering if a) there is an easy fix for
this or b) it is a complete waste of time because CLISP and CLUE don't
play well together?

// EMail: kaelin@bridge.com            Mail: Bridge Information Systems, Inc.
// Voice: (314)567-8463                      717 Office Parkway
//   Fax: (314)432-5391                      St. Louis, MO 63141