DOS graphics help needed

I've been playing with the pixel graphics under DOS.  I've found that the
(SYSTEM::GRAPH_SHOW) command only leaves the graphics on screen for about a
quarter second.  What I'd like to know is what is the best way to embed this
command in a function, such that the graphics stay on screen until a key is
pressed.  I've looked through my LISP manuals for some kind of pause or
key-detecting function, but no luck.  Sorry for the newbie question, but any
help would be appreciated.