Re: CLISP is slow/ LANGUAGE

Pascal POIZAT writes:
 > - I just noticed the current version was slower than the one I had 1 or 2 years ago.
Granted. Somebody knows why?

 > I change the language by doing
 > (setq *language* 'FRANCAIS)
This is not the correct way of doing things
You must do it at start, with lisp.run -M lispinit.mem -L francais
(we'll implement -L fran<c-cedille>ais to the next version).

In fact, only a few things could be changed (initialization of UNIX
(and others) error messages, and CLISP could even switch languages
during run-time, but it's not possible now.

BTW, tell me about suggestions/errors for FRANCAIS, because it's not
been used to often for now.
 	Joerg Hoehle.
hoehle@inf-wiss.uni-konstanz.de