[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: CLisp TOO SLOW
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: CLisp TOO SLOW
- From: haible (Bruno Haible)
- Date: Wed, 1 Feb 95 02:34:22 +0100
After all the more or less vague statements about clisp's speed, all we *know*
- Pascal Poizat himself doesn't think clisp is too slow on his Amiga 28 MHz :-)
- Someone using clisp on a 486-PC complains it is too slow.
If his operating system is Unix or OS/2: does he have swap space enabled?
If his operating system is DOS:
1. If RAM size <= 2MB, is he using the lisp_1mb.exe ?
2. Did he remove NOEMS options from his config.sys/autoexec.bat and take
a look at EMX-USER.DOC ?
- Terminal output is slow on the Amiga. (SETQ *PRINT-PRETTY* T) tries to
- Terminal output without *PRINT-PRETTY* will get somewhat faster in the next
- FORMAT is slow. Someone should write a FORMATTER function as specified in