Re: Abort

> From: dudeyp@research.CS.ORST.EDU
> Is this supposed to happen?
>
> *** - EVAL: User break
> 1. Break> abort
>
> *** - EVAL: variable ABORT has no value
> 2. Break> abort
>
> 1. Break> abort

If you hit <return> at the "1. Break>" prompt and then go "abort" (or
any other command in the "help" list) then it seems to think that
you're trying to evaluate a symbol by that name.  However your output
doesn't show that so I can't help here.

> While I'm at it, is there some abbreviation of abort away with which I
> can get?

EOF is a good way to go back up a level i.e. <Ctrl-d> in unix or
<Ctrl-z> in DOS or VMS (can't remember what it is in others).  I'm not
sure if this completely equivalent to an "abort" but it's much less typing!

Richard Shepherd.

(rls@therat.math.waikato.ac.nz)

(boring ~/.signature eh?)