Linux and the latest version

I want to get the latest CLISP, so that I can use that trick for .lisp
files, and get all of the other performance enhancements that have
doubtlessly been added.  Alas, the README file says that I need Linux
1.1.86 for the best one, and I have 1.0.9.  Er, just how much do I
have to re-install to be compatible?  Is the "A" disk set ("base Linux
system") enough, and is that liable to mess up any of my other stuff?

Thanks,

+-     PETER DUDEY DRAKE      279-D SE Lilly Ave.,  Corvallis, OR  97333     -+
|       MS student in Artificial Intelligence, Oregon State University        |
|                   Where I come from, we're ALL like this.                   |
+-  drakep@research.cs.orst.edu        (finger dudeyp@research.cs.orst.edu)  -+