[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Deleteing from a list
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Deleteing from a list
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 14:57:18 GMT
- Acknowledge-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return-receipt-to: email@example.com
I have just discovered a curious ``feature'' of delete. It seems that
you cannot delete the first item in a list. The value returned is
correct but the list itself is not altered, e.g.
> (setf l (list 'a 'b 'c))
(A B C)
> (delete 'a l)
(A B C)
> (delete 'b l)
I am using an old version of CLISP due to necessity so it may be
a known and fixed bug.
David Arnold (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dept. Computer Science +44 (0)1970-622449
University of Wales,Aberystwyth, Dyfed SY23 3DB, UK.