problems compiling clisp

i am on a sun running solaris 2.3.  i had to add -lucb to the library list to
bring in the bsd libraries to eliminate some undefined globals.
however i am not sure how to correct this problem.  the error message follows.

gcc -O -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -fomit-frame-pointer -Oc
ulong_to_I                          misc.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to lisp.run
ld: Software Generation Utilities (SGU) SunOS/ELF (LK-1.3)
ulong_to_I                          misc.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to lisp.run
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `lisp.run'

it looks like misc.c is not bringing in clisp.h but i am not sure.
does anybody have a fix for this?
thanks,
dan stanger