[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Hello / CLISP flying into outer space ? :-)
- To: clisp-list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Hello / CLISP flying into outer space ? :-)
- From: email@example.com (Bruno Haible)
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 95 12:47:58 +0200
- In-reply-to: <v02110103ac31e909800c@DialupEudora>
- References: <v02110103ac31e909800c@DialupEudora>
Markus Krummenacker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> >The current project is only a prototype, but I am also interested in using
> >Lisp for actual flight code.
> Why are you using CLISP and not GCL ? Would one not assume that GCL could
> be faster because it can be fully compiled, not just byte-compiled as in
> CLISP ?
Maybe reliability is more an issue than speed. Please raise your hands
if you have ever seen CLISP dump core and it wasn't due to the readline
library or the foreign function interface. (OK, to be honest, I raise my
hand.) Just imagine the embarassement if the software dumps core while
running for real in outer space...
Bruno Haible email: <email@example.com>
Software Engineer phone: +33-1-49083585