Re: EXPORT (was: Re: new version now at Karlsruhe)

Joachim> As these forms are actually macro expansions, there is no
Joachim> ugliness as long as it works. Well, one might argue that the
Joachim> whole macro where I construct class definitions, method
Joachim> definitions, property lists, etc., from one macro is
Joachim> butt-ugly, but that's another point. :-)

Well, the earlier patch was a questionable tradeoff, not a fix.  I
should not put it in CLISP.  If you really need this capability, I can
put in an undocumented "compiler mode" variable, so that you won't be
forced to recompile CLISP just to make your program work.  I could see
how adapting your sources to DEFPACKAGE might not be feasible.

If anyone can think of a foolproof solution, please send me patches!