[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
question about structure equality
- To: clisp-list <email@example.com>
- Subject: question about structure equality
- From: Marcus Daniels <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 17:46:59 GMT
- In-reply-to: <9508292016.AA16000@kafka>
- References: <9508292016.AA16000@kafka>
>>>>> "Dan" == Dan Stanger <email@example.com> writes:
Dan> i have a structure mdy (containing month day and year). when i
Dan> execute (equal (boa-mdy 1 1 1) (boa-mdy 1 1 1)) i get nil but
Dan> (equalp (boa-mdy 1 1 1) (boa-mdy 1 1 1)) returns t. could
Dan> someone explain this to me?
For a structure, EQUAL is only true when EQ is true --
but EQUALP does things component-wise. This is documented in chapter 5
pages 60 and 63 of the draft ANSI standard.