Building 0812 on Sun4 solaris 2.4 with gcc 2.7.0?

Hi,

Marcus Daniels writes:
 > Raymond> global register variable follows a function definition
 > Raymond> The relevant line in clisp.h is:
 >
 > Raymond>    register object subr_self __asm__("%g4");

 > A workaround is compiling without "--with-dynamic-modules".

What I had to do in the Amiga port was to change the location of the
above line to come before any function definitions (especially inlined
functions defined in the headers files). So make sure the register
declaration comes first or compile the module with -ffixed-g4 so that
the register is allocated right from the beginning.

Hope this helps,
 	Joerg Hoehle.
Joerg.Hoehle@gmd.de			hoehle@zeus.gmd.de