[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Is CLX still working?
- To: clisp-list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Is CLX still working?
- From: "Brian F. Dennis" <xjam@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 18:14:14 -0500
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Thu, 14 Dec 1995 13:13:53 +0100." <199512141209.MAA02927@sayre.sysc.pdx.edu>
>>>>> "Marcus" == Marcus Daniels <email@example.com> writes:
>>>>> "Brian" == "Brian F Dennis" <xjam@CS.Berkeley.EDU> writes:
Brian> Can anyone confirm that the CLX package as patched for CLISP
Brian> still works? I've tried it out on a number of architectures
Brian> with the latest version of CLISP and am encountering errors just
Brian> opening the display.
Marcus> CLX (hello world) and Garnet seem to work okay with
Marcus> clisp-1995-12-08 on a LinuxELF system and on a Irix 5.3 system.
Marcus> Have you any more details?
Hmmm, my LinuxELF doesn't seem to be working as well as Solaris2.4 and
HPUX. It's not actually having problems opening the display but in all
cases it eventually gets an "unknown event" error.
I'm just using the demo hello.lsp from the clx distribution.
I used an older version of clisp (july 1994) to build clx and then ran the
demo program fine. If I had to guess it would be that the stream reading
and writing functions are the problem.
I'll do some more investigating.