Re: turn off warnings

pg@das.harvard.edu writes:
> Can someone tell me how to turn of warnings about unused lexical
> variables?  In my program a lot of the code is generated by macros,
> and short of writing a code-walker I can't cause the macros to
> generate the proper ignore declarations.

You don't need a code walker for this. Just add a dummy reference to
the variable. The compiler will optimize it away. Instead of

   `(let ((,gen-sym ,form)) ,@body)

you write

   `(let ((,gen-sym ,form)) ,gen-sym ,@(or body '(nil)))

Bruno Haible                                     email: <haible@ilog.fr>
Software Engineer                                phone: +33-1-49083585