Re: can't build 1996-07-22 on linux 2.0.10

On Mon, 5 Aug 1996, spoon wrote:

> 	I had a similar problem, but not with an earlier kernel (1.12.13
> i think).
>

> I found my problem was the "strength reduce bug", and added
> -fno-strength-reduce the the CFLAGS and the prob went away. Hope this
> helps.

Well, it rules out a 'strength-reduce' problem!

I just re-made the entire thing with 'no-strength-reduce', with no better
success than at first.  The SIGSEGV still cannot be cured.  :(

--
Steve Robbins                              <steve@nyongwa.montreal.qc.ca>

If mashed potatoes were security guards, they wouldn't get much done.