Can't initialize clisp under Xemacs Ilisp

Dear all,

I try to run clisp as an inferior lisp program using Ilisp and
Xemacs v19.14.

Initialization does not complete and here is the message I sent
to ilisp discussion group:

Marco Antoniotti wrote:

> Looks like you are using a slightly older version of L/Xemacs.  My
> first suggestion is to upgrade that.  Then, if the problem persists,
> we'll have to rely on the help of the Xemacser's in here :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Marco - ILISP Maintainer

Marco Thanks for your suggestions and explanations.
I have installed xemacs:

XEmacs 19.14 [Lucid] (i486-unknown-linuxelf) of Mon Jun 24 1996 on
cortex

But unfortunatly the problem remains.
clisp initialization never completes.

Here is the output I get:

Starting lisp ...
  i i i i i i i       ooooo    o        ooooooo   ooooo   ooooo
  I I I I I I I      8     8   8           8     8     o  8    8
  I I I I I I I      8         8           8     8        8    8
  I I I I I I I      8         8           8      ooooo   8oooo
  I  \ `+' /  I      8         8           8           8  8
   \  `-+-'  /       8     o   8           8     o     8  8
    `-__|__-'         ooooo    8oooooo  ooo8ooo   ooooo   8

  ------+------     Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Michael Stoll 1992, 1993
                    Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Marcus Daniels 1994-1996

> (setq foo 'bar)

Then I can type anything and I just get the echo in the buffer.

If I try to eval a sexpr from a lisp-mode buffer, then cpu spins at 100%
and nothing happens. I need to send C-g to stop the spinning.

Things are the same with clisp-hs.

But what is strange is that with GNU common lisp it works fine!
Interaction is ok and I get the message
        finished initializing gcl
(I have not tried to eval a sexpr from other buffer in this mode)

Did I forget something?
Is there something special with clisp?

Linux version is 2.0.0

Thanks in advance for your help

Jacques

Is the problem due to clisp or ilisp?
Have you encountered the same problem?

Thanks for your help

Jacques

--
Dr. Jacques B. Siboni <jacsib@Lutecium.fr>
8 pass. Charles Albert, F75018 Paris, France