Re: Clisp 1997-05-29 cygwin-beta question

On 16 August 1997, Jorg-Cyril Hohle wrote:
> BTW, are there really people using readline on any platform?  I mean,
> readline is nice for one line input, but who's writing many one-liners
> in Common Lisp?

Absolutely!  That was the main motivation for installing clisp on my
machine originally :-).  The whole class was sick and tired of having to
retype every line while we were learning by experimenting.  Of course as
time progressed we dropped to the editor more often and used the line
editing less, but it was still useful for invoking the functions we'd
written.

Regards,
  Andrew

--