Re[2]: GUI

    Bruno>    Tk (also look at STk) +: Easy to use +: Scheme and
    Bruno> Python bindings already exist ?: Can you really get rid of
    Bruno> Tcl?

     I downloaded tcl/tk 8 (for win32) and cast a cursory glance at it.

     1. They renamed tcl7/tk4 into tcl/tk 8 and made other cosmetic changes
     to give an impression that you must use tcl if you use tk. They failed
     to convince me though.

     2. It does *look* like it should be possible to implement any
     language's interface to tk pretty easily - just define the functions
     and link tk80.lib, or, better use tk80.dll. I might be wrong, of
     course (and I would not dare to try to do it myself), but I don't see
     any reason why CLISP won't be able to support tk immediately: just add
     a package tk and put all the functions in tk80.dll there.

     I would appreciate if anyone could explain to me why I am wrong (if I
     am!)

     Thanks.
     Sam