Re: equalp of structs - speed

One difference I bet is if you make an a with an a0 that not a number.
The equalp function does not know about your declarations.
Besides, it seems odd to me to be complaining about builtin functions
that are "only" twice as fast as you can write.  I find it not at all
unusual to be able to write lisp functions that are much faster than
the equivalent builtin functions, especially on a particular type of
data that I have in mind.  (I'm not at all claiming that this is more
common in clisp than in other implementations!)