[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Re: equalp of structs - speed
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Re: equalp of structs - speed
- From: Don Cohen <donc@ISI.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 97 21:39:24 PDT
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Thu, 25 Sep 1997 15:47:52 +0200." <9709258751.AA875191973@inet.stknhlg.com>
but both functions do essentially the same! clisp ignores type
declarations, so it checks the types in my version as much as it does
in the built-in.
Both functions do the same thing IF the slots are numbers.
If not, your version calls = on a non number and gets an error
while equalp does not. I'd expect (= 3 3) to be faster than
(equalp 3 3).