Re[2]: format ~t - the bug remains

     Cool!
     But this prints something like
        (arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4 arg5 arg6 &rest other-args)
     which is not too informative. I wish it were possible to get something
     like
        (list pred)
     for a function defined as
       (defun zz (list pred) ...)
     Apparently, neither CLtL2 nor ANSI provide for such, so the issue is
     moot. (Well, the only reason one might need this is insufficient
     documentation, and I guess all functions in CL are supposed to have
     proper doc strings).

     Thanks!

Something like

  (defun function-arglist (fn)
    (values
      (read-from-string
        (multiple-value-call #'sys::describe-signature nil
                             (sys::function-signature fn)
  ) ) ) )

will probably do the trick. </HACK> Of course, keep in mind that
CLISP internals (i.e. everything you get access to through the SYSTEM
package) are subject to change without notice.