Problem compiling pcl (5/5/90) on NeXT 1.0/Allegro Common Lisp

 > attempt to call `|SETF PCL gdefinition|' which is an undefined function.
 > If continued, prompt for a new function, instead of `|SETF PCL gdefinition|'.

This reads like your excl distinguishes lower and uppercase. This messes
up PCL.

Here are the first few lines of the init file I use on the Next

(set-case-mode :case-insensitive-upper)

(in-package 'user)

(proclaim '(optimize (speed 3) (safety 1) (space 0)))

(setq *print-nickname* t) ; print package nicknames instead of full names
(setq *redefinition-warnings* t)

-- Heinz

Heinz W. Schmidt                                     hws@icsi.berkeley.edu
International Computer Science Institute, Berkeley   (415) 642-4275   x175