Re: Inheritance of Methods

I don't feel very strongly about the wording, and was just wanting to
offer some alternatives. Here's another alternative which is more
precise than "inheritance of behavior":

 "Inheritance of method applicability"

That is, what subclasses inherit from their superclasses is the
applicability of methods to instances of them. In some cases, the class
of more than one argument comes into play, but the share of
responsibility for determining applicability is inherited.

Larry

(I started to explain how you could call the ownership of multi-methods
a partnership where the left-most class was the senior partner, but
that's certainly going to far down metaphor road.  ouch -- lm :-)