Re: Inheritance of Slots and Slot Options

        The strong type constraint rule Moon proposes

    Please note that I never proposed this, I only tried to make
    the explanation understandable.  If I had my druthers, there would
    be no :type slot option.
As the one who proposed the :type option (because I was trying to be
upward compatible from defstruct), I support Moon's feeling.  If this is
uniformly the case (Dick, we have not heard from you on this issue),
then why don't we delete it.  It is something that can be added with the
metaobject protocol.

Proposal.  In the errata sheet we eliminate :type, and make an explicit
statement to that effect in the presentation.

  danny