[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
performance of new PCL
- To: CommonLoops.PA@Xerox.COM
- Subject: performance of new PCL
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Thu, 4 Feb 88 17:07 PST
- Line-fold: no
- Reply-to: Gregor@GRAPEVINE.parc.xerox.com
Some people using the newest version of PCL have complained that their
programs now compile and load much more slowly than they did before. I
am trying to track down this problem, and in order to do I need to know
exactly which Common Lisps it happens in.
If you have noticed that in the new version of PCL your programs compile
and load more slowly than before, please send me a message which
1. The lisp implementation and version you are using.
2. About how much slower you think it compiles (a precise number would
be even better if possible).
3. About how much slower you think it loads (a precise number would be
even better if possible).