First part of each message follows:

Date: Wed, 24 Aug 88 20:24:20 PDT
From: Leonid V. Belyaev <leo@CS.UCLA.EDU>

In HP CommonLISP II, which is essentially Lucid, BOTH Lucid and HP features
are defined.  Some of the code, especially in the defsys file, does NOT
particularly appreciate that.

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 88 02:59:45 PDT
From: Leonid V. Belyaev <leo@CS.UCLA.EDU>

(slot-value (find-class 'standard-class) 'prototype)

generates the following strange errors (the first two lines are NOT a misedit):