Method Compilation Question

I need to be able to compile methods which are being defined at run-time.  So
far I haven't been able to figure out which pcl functions are used to invoke
the compiler, or which compiler hooks are being invoked.  In the 12/7/88 pcl
the function compile-method seems to never be called.  I've tried
comp::compile-process-form (on EXCL) and that accepts a defmethod but doesn't
actually compile it (at least as far as PCL is concerned).

What is the easiest way to accompish this (ideally, I'd like to pass the
defmethod off to a magic function which does it) short of writing the
defmethod to a file and compiling and loading it?

Joe Konstan
konstan@postgres.berkeley.edu