[rsl@MAX-FLEISCHER.ILA-SF.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM: Please patch this into PCL]

Date: Fri, 23 Mar 90 18:22 PST
From: Richard Lamson <rsl@MAX-FLEISCHER.ILA-SF.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: Please patch this into PCL
To: Gregor@PARC.Xerox.COM
cc: Bill-and-Dennis@MAX-FLEISCHER.ILA-SF.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM

I have modified your method for NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD as follows:

(defmethod no-applicable-method (generic-function &rest args)
  (cerror "Retry call to ~S"
	  "No matching method for the generic-function ~S,~@
          when called with arguments ~S."
	 generic-function args)
  (apply generic-function args))

I find that when I fix the problem which was causing the error to occur,
I just want to press <Resume> and have the system retry the call.  This
seemed the best way to do this, short of figuring out how method
dispatch works and signalling/throwing into the guts thereof.