Chestnut Software asset sale

Chestnut Software, a company I founded during the 1980s, is being
liquidated.  Chestnut's technology is used to develop and deliver advanced
computing applications by commercial and government customers in the U.S.,
Europe, and Asia.  Although I have not been associated with the company for
several years, I would like to see that its technology finds a good home in
capable hands, and that it will continue to be maintained and used by the
development community.  For this reason I am helping the trustee who now
owns the company's assets to identify potential bidders.

Requests for bidders' packages, or more information, should be addressed
to wbrodie@panix.com.  PLEASE USE E-MAIL, since I will be unable to monitor
all responses posted to newsgroups.

Chestnut's intellectual-property assets include:

     Lisp-to-C Translator - Translates applications written in Common Lisp
     directly into clean, human-readable, compact, efficient, and
     highly-portable C code.  Supports all of the First Edition of Guy
     Steele's "Common Lisp:  The Language", and much of the Second Edition,
     including a complete CLOS implementation.  The Translator was the
     collective effort of a team of world-class developers, including
     several members of the ANSI Common Lisp standards committee (X3J13).
     It includes a self-contained run-time library, written in C, which can
     be used or marketed separately; a run-time memory manager; several
     very fast garbage collectors; and a comprehensive test suite.  The
     code is well-written and extensively documented.
       The generated code can be combined with native code written in
     either C or C++, and can be delivered even on platforms which provide
     no native Lisp compiler.  Configuration switches permit the creation
     of applications with tiny footprints.  The product also provides a
     unique way to visualize the effects of optimizations (such as
     declarations), even for applications which will be delivered on a
     standard Lisp run-time system.  The product is actively used to
     deliver widely-distributed industrial applications in the U.S.
     and abroad.

     Natural Language Interface Toolkit - An environment for prototyping,
     developing, and delivering grammar-based applications.  Includes tools
     for incrementally specifying augmented context-free grammar rules and
     the associated semantics; a chart parser; interfaces for text-, menu-,
     and voice-based input; a very compact delivery mechanism; and
     diagnostic tools.

     dBLISP - A Common Lisp-based library which creates, reads, and writes
     data base files and indices for dBASE, the industry standard
     data base format for microcomputers.  Includes well-documented, clean
     source code, and full end-user documentation.

     D++ - An advanced software engineering environment, in the early
     stages of development, which provides object-oriented primitives for
     defining and manipulating components of an application, with a back
     end to generate application code in C++ or other conventional
     programming languages.  The environment includes an object-oriented
     scripting language with C++-like syntax.  A meta-object layer, which
     permits customization of the environment, is also provided.

If you would like to receive a bidders' package, please send mail to
wbrodie@panix.com.

If you might be interested in purchasing a copy of any of the products
mentioned above, please let me know; I will pass this information along to
the winning bidder.